Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Playground

Two entries in three days??? Why, yes!!

I had to show these pictures I took at the playground yesterday. It was the kind of day my ma would call "bluebird", and which I would call "abso-freakin-lutely fan-f#&@ing-tastic". The sky, the sky, oh my god. That's probably why the pictures feature the sky so prominently. And I have discovered that if I want decent pictures of the boy, I can't say, "Hey, Gavin! Smile!" This usually resorts in a look of glum impatience. It's much better to give him something to do, take a gazillion pictures, and hope for the best. So here's the best.

Gavin in the Sky

Swinging Boy

Rocket Boy

And don't think I forgot the girl. Although her favorite thing is to be held while I am pushing the boy on the swing, which resorts in much giggling, she also enjoys the swing herself.

Vala Swings

Oh, and did you know she has two teeth?

New Teeth

Yeah I can't believe it either. She's sitting up, too. Six months old already. I swear, babyhood flies by so quickly, I almost can't believe she was ever a little swimmer in the dark, the secret passenger, that silent witness to my heartbeat. And I admit, sometimes my heart gets a little lonely in there.

My bladder's damn glad to have his room back, though.

2 comments:

Udanax said...

i love these children! vala is going to be running before i get to see her again!

Anonymous said...

Love the pink striped disco pants, but not as much as the starfish sweater and hat!!

I am sitting in a hotel business center in Charlotte, North Carolina, weeping my fool head off. I miss those beautiful, beautiful children more than I could possibly express. They fill my heart with joy; thank you thank you for taking these gorgeous pix of them and sharing them.

MuchLoveToAll,
Ma.